Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am having an intermittent pain in my left groin area. I

Customer Question

I am having an intermittent pain in my left groin area. I feel it above the left testicle and a bit in my lower back. It is sharp and sudden and then goes away for awhile. What could this be?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

How long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two days
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This could be a number of things. I think the most likely causes are either an infection of the prostate or urine or it could be a kidney stone. You need to get into see your doctor for an examination of the urine and your prostate and a urine culture and you may need to be placed on antibiotics. If they suspect a kidney stone, you will likely need a CT scan to evaluate for this. Hope this helps.