Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a red bump on pennis shaft, what's it? If I press

Customer Question

I have a red bump on pennis shaft, what's it? If I press it, I can feel a bit pain not itchy. (And I often have acnes on my face even if am over 30 for for your reference)

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af190/Customer/redbump_zps8yix4bt7.jpg

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you please upload a picture of it here? You can do it as follows;

1. Click the paperclip icon

2. Click the Browse icon

3. Click the Browse button

4. Select your file and click Open

5. Click OK

6. Click Insert

7. Click Save Changes on this page

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't you see the pic link in the question?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

It was previously not visible but now I have got the link. I am going to review it now and will be back with an answer. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. It is an ingrown hair. There is no doubt in that. You don't need to worry about that. There is nothing consistent with anything else like herpes etc. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations application of OTC Neosporin ointment thrice daily and taking OTC tablet Aleve twice daily for 5 to 7 days and can help you. If symptoms persist, you might have to see a doctor for getting antibiotics but hopefully this will not be required. Please avoid pressing it. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
1 if I am seeing doctor should I see urologist?
2 if I do nothing how long will this go away if it is ingrown hair?
3 the reason why I worried is I did not have such thing before on Pennis
But I did not have unprotected sex not was I sex active
I wonder if STD could be transmitted by towels in public area like gym or
If I apply lotion or oil that is public will that cause the problem
I think I just don't know how STD is transmitted could that be by skin?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your input. You should see your primary doctor. There is no need to see a urologist. If you do nothing, it might go away in 2 to 4 weeks but if doesn't even then there is nothing else likely. STD is not likely to get transmitted this way and above it, your picture is clearly showing that it's nothing else but an ingrown hair. I reassure you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Can you confirm the following OTC medicines are right ones before I buy?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/neosporin-original-ointment/ID=prod1044709-product

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/aleve-pain-reliever/fever-reducer-220-mg-tablets/ID=prod5213-product

2. Where could I rate you I could not even find a button on page nor could I release the payment, weird

Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Perfect :)

You have rightly selected the medicines.

Please remember to leave a positive rating. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

am I expecting it is going to have white spot finally like this https://edc2.healthtap.com/ht-staging/user_answer/reference_image/10116/large/Ingrown_hair.jpeg?1386671077

and then broken by itself? (I just want to know what it would be to get prepared)

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Most likely yes.

All the best dear .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

today the pain is less to almost none

but it is a bit itchy now,

is itchyness still normal?

Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. Yes itchiness can be there. Don't worry. Please remember to leave a positive rating. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards