Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Two months ago I had Robotic prostate surgery cancer. I had

Customer Question

Two months ago I had Robotic prostate surgery for prostate cancer. I had my first PSA blood test 30 days after surgery and I understand that the results should be 0 to 0.01 after such surgery.
The results of my PSA were 0.03. I called my doctor who was not available on Friday. What is the significance of my first PSA numbers after surgery. My next scheduled PSA test is in March 2016.
I just don't know if this is an indication that cancer is still in my body; are these PSA numbers cause for concern. Can you help with answers.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

What was the staging of the cancer (i.e. TxNxMx). We're the surgical margins negative for tumor?