Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

I had protected intercourse and unprotected oral sex with a

Customer Question

Hello. I had protected intercourse and unprotected oral sex with a girl who later mentored that she had a rash on her leg a few months earlier. It was swabbed for herpes but came back negative at the time. Since since the encounter I have been watching my genitals pretty closely and have noticed some subtle changes. I may just be paranoid but I'd love a second opinion.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Can you let me know, what changes have you felt in genitalia?

Do you have any swelling in genitalia or burning urination?

Lymph node swelling or fever?

Do you suffer from stress or anxiety issue?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. I have attached pictures of the areas that are giving me the most concern. Mainly my scrotum has been itchy and the shaft below the head is showing some red stops which do not itch. I also have a slight raised area along the head above the foreskin. I had a sore throat today but my roommate is also sick. No burning while urinating or noticeable swelling. I am taking medication for generalized anxiety disorder. The sex was three weeks ago and she was not showing any signs of herpes at the time. The oral sex was two days ago and again she showed no evidence of a cold sore.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Thanks for providing additional information.

Thanks for sharing clear pictures.

To be honest and from my clinical experience, i can say that your symptoms are not related with any serious issue.

Such red spots, could be normal and don't indicate towards STD or any other serious issue. No need to worry.

Itching could be related with yeast infection. It is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans. The medical term for this infection is candidiasis.

To treat this condition you need to apply clotrimazole cream two times a day on affected part.
You should take tablet claritin 10 mg once a day to control itching for one week. You should take an anti-inflammatory tablet like Motrin or Aleve 500mg twice daily for 5 days.
Usually in 1 week, you should be free from symptoms.

You should wear cotton underwear.
You should wash the penis with warm saline water and dry off completely. Since yeast grows readily in damp conditions, you really need to dry the penis well.
Kindly follow above measures, and usually in 1 week, you would be free from symptoms.
I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business