Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have recently experienced some discomfort between my anus

Customer Question

I have recently experienced some discomfort between my anus and scrotum, more so when I am sitting
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? Do you have burning when you urinate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
51
And it is just uncomfortable feeling , not all the time,, maybe a little more when getting erection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, and I have been lacking the desire for an erection also. It's as if I all of a sudden developed ED.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like you may have an infection of the prostate called prostatitis. You need to get in to see your doctor or a urologist for a prostate exam and a urine culture and you may need to be started on an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin for 30 days to treat this infection. You can take ibuprofen 800 mg every 8 hours for 7-10 days to decrease the inflammation of the prostate that is causing the pain. Once the infection is cleared up, your desire and elections will return to normal. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.