Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My mom had painful tingling/burning in her feet and hands

Customer Question

My mom had painful tingling/burning in her feet and hands the other day with an inability to urinate. She has continued to have no ability to urinate but is experiencing leakage. Her feet and hands are swollen now but not burning or tingling anymore.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Does she have diabetes? Has she ever been tested for diabetes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is prediabetic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does this mean is occurring and should I be concerned?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what is causing the swelling in the hands and feet. But she needs to see her primary doctor to do blood work to see what the cause is. The tingling could possibly be related to diabetes causing nerve damage. Diabetes can also cause bladder damage that can prevent a person from being able to urinate. She needs to get into see a urologist to do a test called urodynamics to see if there is damage to the bladder. This will help to determine what needs to be done to help her drain the bladder. Hope this helps.