Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I've notice that when I urinate, the urine has been

Customer Question

Hello, I've notice that when I urinate, the urine has been coming out of 2 holes-out of my vagina too. Why could this be?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have you had surgery in the vagina or any vagina deliveries?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing at all
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Do you leak urine out of the vagina when you are not trying to urinate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No never - I sometimes have a lot of vaginal discharge, but not urine
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Without being able to examine you, there's no way I can determine what is the problem. My recommendation would be for you to get in to see your gynecologist for an examination. One possible explanation would be a fistula which would be a connection between the urethra and the vagina. But unless you had surgery or a vaginal delivery, I see no reason why you would have this condition.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could there be any dangers in just leaving it?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If this is a fistula, it could get worse and lead to more leakage. But it all depends on what the actual diagnosis is. You need to see a doctor for an exam to determine this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But doesn't leakage mean when you're not urinating? Also have you ever heard of anyone get a fistula who didn't have surgery or give birth?
And see a urologist or gynecologist?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Leakage can be when you're urinaring or not. You can see either a gynecologist or urologist for this. Worm. Who have had radiation to the pelvis can also get this problem. Otherwise, I have never heard of this happen spontaneously for no reason at all

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - have u ever see anyone with this type of problem for many years?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If it is an untreated fistula- yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I meant you've never seen a person with a fistula who's never had surgery or a baby or sex, etc? Also is the only bad thing that could happen more leakage?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No. I have never seen anyone with the fistula without any of those other conditions. Yes. The only real problem is that the leakage could get worse.