Dr.S.A Alam
Dr.S.A Alam, MBBS
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS (R)
16248889

I have severe ED. I am 70 years old and would like to have

Customer Question

I have severe ED. I am 70 years old and would like to have and active sex life with my wife. I have gone to half a dozen Urologist. I have tried eveything - Viagra, Ciallis, psychological counseling, injections, creams, testosterone implants. Nothing has worked. I know I have one last option that I will take - penile implants. But befor I take that last step. I have been told that the caouse of my problem is lack of testosterone, hardening or softening of the blood vessels in the penis, psychological (but with no way to correct), a disconnect between the brain and the penis, etc. So before I take this last step I have one question - If my problem is physical, why am I then able to have involuntary erections in the morning before I wake up, and if my problem is psychological, are there any specific counseling systems that address the problem. Thank you for your answer.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr.S.A Alam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, if you are able to have night or early morning erections then your problem is psychological. In such cases consultation with a phychologist is most useful option, I will not suggest penis implants for your problem. Let me know if you have questions.