Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

How can elasticity of a bladder be improved when it is in

Customer Question

how can elasticity of a bladder be improved when it is in poor shape. Also I do botox every 6 months to keep from peeing 7 times a night. I go 3 times a night
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

It all depends on how inelastic the bladder is. Typically, the Botox injections can help to increase the bladder capacity. But if this does not work if you are a surgical candidate, a surgery called a bladder augmentation can be done with it take a piece of intestine to patch onto your bladder to increase the capacity. If you are age 75, it is highly unlikely that you would be a candidate for the surgery. You may just need to continue the Botox injections. You need to discuss this with your urologist