Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I did a blood test T, it came back positive IGA only, iGG

Customer Question

Hi I did a blood test for Chlymydia T, it came back positive for the IGA only, iGG and IGM were negative. I have swelling in groin scrotal pain and prostate pain. No discharge.
I was put on Both Doxycycline and Azithromycin, they heped but it came back after finishing the course. Did another blood test 4 weeks after the test was IGA positive again but value dropped from 3.65 to 1.6 now back on doxy again. Can you advise if this could be something else ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

How long of a course of antibiotics were you on? Were you tested for anything else besides chlamydia such as gonorrhea or syphilis?