DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

I have had reoccurring UTI's since the end of last year. My

Customer Question

I have had reoccurring UTI's since the end of last year. My last one was at the end of May. I recently started to notice symptoms and started drinking only cranberry juice and water. That seemed to help and the symptoms slowly went away. Now starting last night, I have had this pain in my back and am worried that it is my kidney. I really don't have any other symptoms that goes along with a kidney infection. I'm not sure if I have a fever or not. My question is if I should make an appointment with a Urologist or not. My back almost feels like I pulled a muscle. Only on my right side, and hurts more when I move.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It is more likely that you have pulled a muscle.

A kidney infection would have you very sick.

I would suggest an exam by your doctor and not a urologist.

Kidney stones are possible, but that is usually severe pain.

Lower spine problems are also possible.

Take your temp. If any fever, go in now.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.