Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a male prosthetic surgically placed 4 months ago. My

Customer Question

I had a male prosthetic surgically placed 4 months ago. My penis now seems to be much shorter than before and I still have not yet been able to achieve insertion. My Urologist
sayi I'm still very early in the recovery process. How long should it take for me to have sex ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have you been able to inflate the device yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But with no increase in its size. it just gets harder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there ?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Without being able to examine you directly, I can't really tell what's going on. However, you do need to understand that the prosthesis will not make your penis larger. It typically only makes your penis harder. Almost all men will lose a little bit of length from the insertion of the prosthesis due to scarring on the penis. Your surgeon should have discussed this with you before surgery. If the implant is inflating and deflating, then it sounds like it is working correctly. If you do not trust your urologist with their examination, you may want to see another one to actually examined and cycle your device to see if it is working appropriately. Hope this helps.