Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm having trouble making sense of my testosterone and PSA

Customer Question

I'm having trouble making sense of my testosterone and PSA test results. I can't seem to find any information on what is normal for my age. (I will be 44 in a couple of months.) My testosterone was 4.3 and PSA 1.9. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

That is likely your free testosterone. What is your total testosterone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the only value given to me. Looking online, I noticed the values were in the hundreds, not given as a decimal. I'm assuming I should follow this up with a call to my doctor.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Your PSA level looks good. If that is your free testosterone level, that is also good. What you need to find out is your total testosterone level. But it does not look like there's anything wrong with your lab work. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't have much luck when I spoke with the nurse, so your input was helpful! Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Are you having trouble figuring out how to rate me? If so, please let me know. Thanks.