Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Experienced dark urine tonight before going to bed. Ran

Customer Question

Experienced dark brown urine tonight before going to bed. Ran for 36 minutes today and just started taking prednisone for gout attack. Is there anything to be concerned about?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This could be a sign of severe dehydration, blood in the urine, or possibly some kidney problem. You need to drink plenty of water to try to hydrate yourself well. If this does not clear the urine up in the next 24 hours, then you need to see your doctor. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going through severe gout attack and just started taking prednisone which is helping the gout. Could this effect urine color with also running for 36 minutes today? I did drink more water tonight and urine was clearer after drinking more water.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The four attack and premisine should not change the color of the urine. It sounds like dehydration is more likely the issue