Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My testicle was bothering me so went to the doctor. He gave

Customer Question

My testicle was bothering me so went to the doctor. He gave me a urine test and came back negative. The next day I started to have stinging sensation on the top shaft of my penis. It doesn't hurt at all when I pee and there is no discharge from my penis. I am wondering if I should be concerned about an STD.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you are sexually active, then yes, this could be related to an STD. In this case, you should go be tested by your doctor for all STDs and you may need to be placed on a course of antibiotics for this. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even if I had a negative urine test? I don't see any other signs just uncomfortable around the rim of my penis head.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Even if you had a negative urine test. STDs have to be tested for specifically with a test that is targeted to STDs. This is not detected on a routine urine test. You need to be tested specifically for STDs.