Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have black fluff in my sperm and am very worried. Its like

Customer Question

Hi, I have black fluff in my sperm and am very worried. Its like little specks. I've had it a while, ignored it because my STI tests were clear. I thought it was the fluff in my boxers. I'm concerned it's something more severe. I am 28 and otherwise in good health. Should I be concerned it's something serious underlying?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Dark flex in the sperm are likely signs of old blood. This is common in sexually active people. This can be due to inflammation of the prostate or the epididymis. This will typically clear up in 6 to 8 weeks. This is nothing harmful. But if you have a sample, you should probably bring it in to a urologist for an examination to confirm this. Hope this helps.