khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I've been training Triathlon past months. Last Monday I

Customer Question

Hello Dr.David,
I've been training for a Triathlon for the past months. Last Monday I noticed my groin and penis was numb. I stopped my bike training. Its been 8 days now and nothing has changed. I called my Doctor and he says nothing you can do but stop what your doing and take Advil. That's not good enough for me. You don't need to go to Med school to come to that conclusion. I was curious about my numbness and to what level its at so I tried sex with my girlfriend and it was hard to get an erection and when I finally ejaculated I couldn't feel the sensation of it. That's when I became very concerned. I'm Forty nine years old and don't want the rest of my life never feeling anything. Obviously there is a little sensation as I was able to get an erection. Not very happy with my Doctor right now as I felt I was pushed aside. I'm sure if this was his problem he would feel differently. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Corey
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

A sheath in the perineum, called Alcock's canal, contains an artery and a nerve that supply the penis with blood and sensation. When a cyclist sits hard on a narrow saddle, the artery and the nerve are compressed. You should see a urologist to have an exam.