Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

62 yrs ago when I was circumcised, it was botched. I have a

Customer Question

62 yrs ago when I was circumcised, it was botched. I have a 3/4in scar of foreskin in the middle of my penis. I have gone to a couple of urologists and they said they could shave off the scar but if could come back even larger. I am not sure why a plastic
surgeon could not remove the scar tissue and suture it .
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Your urologist is right. Anytime a scar is present and you cut it out, you're just exchanging one scar for another smaller scar. Even if a plastic surgeon does it, you will have the same result. But if the scar is that bad, you can have the plastic surgeon take a look to see if it is worth removing the scar. Hope this helps.