Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been having bladder discomfort 8 months now. I feel

Customer Question

Hello.
I have been having bladder discomfort for about 8 months now. I feel the pressure and urgency of needing to urinate however when I do use the toilet only small amounts are released. I also get shooting pains from where my urithra begins to my bladder. I have no pain when urinating, no burning or tingling. I take 3 ibprofen tablets plus 2 panaden extra tablets plus 2 cranberry tablets and 2 ural sachets to get rid of it. It comes and goes over a period of a few days, however, its gotten to the point where it is constant and incredible painful. It does not matter what I do, urinate or don't, take a shower or not, sleep all day or excersize, it will just happen without warning. I work as a horse rider but have only been doing so for the last month before that i was in retail, standing all day, i do feel that horse riding has made it worse but i am not sure. I have had blood tests done with no results i have also had 4 urine samples taken with large quantities of white cells found however they have not been able to coltivate anything from the samples. I have been on 3 different types of antibiotics with no success.
Please help me i am in a lot of pain with no idea whats wrong with me.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms you describe sounds very consistent with bladder spasms due to a condition called overactive bladder. You need to get into see your gynecologist or a urologist for an examination and they can prescribe a medication such as oxybutynin which is designed to stop the spasms. This is very common condition and women and is very treatable with this type of medication. Hope this helps.