Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Dr.
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

About six months ago a flood of burning went through my

Customer Question

About six months ago a flood of burning went through my bladder into my vulvar region. Ever since, everything I eat and drink seems to go right to my vulvar area and burns. Intercourse is very painful, I also have a severe and pretty constant itch in my bladder.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a home urine test twice and had elevated leukocytes and no elevated nitrates. I have gone to my gp and had a urine culture, but no results yet. I also did a three-day stool test and showed blastocystis hominis (many) infection, but I have none of those symptoms. My digestion, etc feels fine. Lastly, sometimes the burning feels very systemic-- but acutely in bladder, vagina, and vulvar region. I have NO burning or itching on urination. I do urinate frequently, and much more when I experience this excessive irritation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The stool test showed low short chain fatty acids and low butyrate concentration. Phospholipids were high, escherichia coli was was high at 1.3, oxalibacter formigenes high, methanobrevibacter smithii high, but it said the bacteriology was non-pathenogenic, so I'm confused. Could the blastocystis hominis cause my burning itching symptoms ? Lastly, I even tried a lowered oxalate diet recommended for vulvodynia. I've certainly been trying, but today it's burning badly!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Do you have an other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other medical problems whatsoever . I am on No medications at all. If this were some sort of allergy, would that cause the elevated leukocytes? The itch in my bladder seems to start again in the morning and it alternates with the burning throughout my bladder and then becomes a stinging burning in the vagina and vulvar area. It almost feels like an internal burning chemical reaction flooding into the lower area of my body. I have no digestive or stomach symptoms, and have intermittently felt the burning flood into the buttock area as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do these symptoms sound at all typical of some sort of food allergy ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

I think that you could be having a urine infection with the raised leukocytes even though the other parameters are normal.

I would have also done a urine culture, if you have not had that done already.

Food allergy usually does not cause such symptoms.

It causes itching, hives and sometimes diarrhea as well but not these kind of symptoms. But, having said that, disease do not read books so it may very well be some sort of allergy.

At the present moment, with the symptoms that you are having, raised leukocytes in the urine, I would have given you a course of an antibiotic to see if that would help relieve the symptoms that you are having.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.

Rate me by clicking on one of the stars when you are done asking.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for the urine culture now to determine if a bacteria shows up. Could the itching in my bladder, flood of burning and stinging in the vulvar -vaginal area all clear up with an antibiotic. Does this have anything v to do with the parasite finding in the stool. To you'd knowledge ? This morning I had no coffee, cereal, dried fruit and although the itching is present, I'm not burning. I thought I would try to stay away from bladder-irritating foods and see the results.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

The parasite that you had in your stool can be present normally in stool i.e. it is a bug that can be normally found and is not something that could cause your problem.

I agree with you in that it may be related to certain foods and staying away from certain foods may help in your case.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.

Kind regards