Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a physical exam coming up and my dr. says he will

Customer Question

I have a physical exam coming up and my dr. says he will also be inserting a catheter during my exam.Is this normal for this kind of exam?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No, that would not be routine for a routine physical examination. The only time we really insert a catheter in the patient is to determine whether or not you are emptying the bladder completely or not. If this is why you're being seen, then yes, this would be a routine. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also will be receiving multiple penis and scrotum injections while the cath is inserted.Is this something I will need an erection for?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Why are they injecting your penis and scrotum? What are they going to inject?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea.I will call and find out on Monday.Need thus to say I have anxiety about this.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you can find out more information, I can help you. Without knowing what they're going to inject into you and why, I can't really help much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you ever heard of something like this,what it could be like dye,steriod,etc.Can they put me out for this,,or strap me down or something? It sounds quite uncomfortably.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I have never heard of need to inject the penis or the scrotum in this manner.