Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have blood in my urine everytime I urinate. What is the

Customer Question

I have blood in my urine everytime I urinate. What is the cause
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.
Causes can be many, but the most common causes are infections in the urinary tract, namely, the urethra, the bladder or the ureters. Another cause is kidney, ureteric or bladder stones, these can cause blood in the urine, tumors can also cause blood to appear in the urine, bleeding disorders, medication and food colors can also cause blood in urine.

The best course of action will be to go and see a Urologist, have an examination performed and then get your urine routine examination test done, urine culture and sensitivity test done, an ultrasound fo the kidneys, ureter and bladder (KUB) done and also an Intravenous urogram.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.