Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I think i may have a penile fracture but haven't had any of

Customer Question

I think i may have a penile fracture but haven't had any of the symptoms (this happened 3-4 years ago ) my penis doesn't have a curve when i have an erection it just gets wide on both sides, is it too late to treat?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this is way too late to treat. In order to treat a fracture, it has to be operated on within a week at the injury. However, if you have a deformity, this can be repaired on occasion. You will need to see a urologist for an examination to determine whether or not it is worth the risk to repair this deformity. The risk of the repair can make your erection toward this is why it is almost never worth the risk to repair this cosmetic defects. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I take viagra will it cause any pain?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Viagra will not help your problem with the deformity. It will only improve the blood flow to increase the quality of your erection. This may or may not cause pain. The only way to find out is to take it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if pain arises, do i need to go to a dr or would it dissappear
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The pain will typically disappear on its own.