Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a problem with my scrotum sack as it get swelling

Customer Question

Hello, I have a problem with my scrotum sack as it get swelling everytime when i have a bowel movement, when i experting myself like walking around, go out for run, fixing my car...etc. I get the swelling on the left side but in most times i get the swelling
on both side. I think the problem happens when i accident pulled my scrotum sack when i sat on the rear bench of the car. I need to send you the pics to see if you know what it is and what i might have?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Please send the pictures so I can see

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the pictures. I would like you to take a look at the pics and I want you to let me know what pics you can see that what i might have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what it is???
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This looks like you may have a possible hernia causing this intermittent swelling. You need to see your doctor for an exam and they may need to refer you to a general surgeon to repair this if this is what you have. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure it is hernia. Did you see the pics? if not you need to look at it again. I have been told by online doctors that they said I have hydrocele because of the swelling on the left where you can see on pics 1,3,4, 7, 8, 9 and 13??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you the urologist who expert with swelling in the scrotum sack?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot be sure of anything without being able to actually examine the swelling.

A hydrocele is certainly a good possibility as well. To definitely determine what it is, this will require an exam and possibly a scrotal ultrasound.

But a swelling that fluctuates in size is more likely a hernia.

Just by looking at the pictures, I cannot distinguish between a hernia and a hydrocele (and yes, I am an expert of scrotal swellings)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had ultrasound three times and it doesn't pick up hernia or hydrocele. Something is don't look quite right?I just had CT scan and blood test, so i am waiting for the results. So what pics can you see that it looks like hernia to you?Does hernia and hydrocele cause the swelling when I have bowel movement, when i exerting myself like walk around, go for a run, play football, fixing my car and do normal things?And do hernia and hydrocele cause erectile dysfunction because I can't get full erection as I used to have?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Neither the hernia or hydrocele will cause erectile dysfunction

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you had an ultrasound that was normal, then this is more likely a hernia as this can be intermittent in swelling and increase in size during things that cause an increase in abdominal pressure such as things you mentioned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh right, so what pics you can see that it looks like hernia to you?Can hernia cause a pain in my abdominal and testicles?I have some pain in my abdominal sometimes which it will make me feel like a cramp, so is that hernia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know why it cause the swelling when I have bowel movement, when i experting myself like walking around, go out for run, fixing my car...etc?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. A hernia can cause this pain. None of the pictures makes me think this is a hernia. My suspicion is based on the history that it fluctuates in size

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Those activities you list increase the pressure in your abdomen and makes the hernia increase in size by the pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh right, do you mean that the hernia can increase of the scrotum size by the pressure?Does hernia decrease the blood flow to the penis? because i have a cold glans when i have a bowel movement and it make my penis to pull back which it looks like micropenis like what you can see in the pics so does hernia cause this?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The pressure can increase the size of the hernia. This will not affect the blood flow that allows you to have erections in any way. I don't know what is causing your penis to do that but it is not the hernia

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the cause to decrease of the blood flow to the penis then and what is the cause of the swelling?Do you know why I get the slight cold on my glans when I have the bowel movement? I am sure you might know what is the cause that decrease the blood flow to the penis when i get the slight cold on my glans.Can it be cure to restore the erection and improve the blood flow to the penis?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot determine what is causing this without being able to examine you. You need to see a urologist for an actual exam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok i will do that. Can it be cure to restore the erection and improve the blood flow to the penis?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No. There is no cure to fix it without the need for medication or surgery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what i would need to do to improve the erection? PE? medication? surgery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what i would need to do to improve the erection? PE? medication? surgery??
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You should likely be started on a medication such as Viagra by your doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I take Viagra, can it be helpful to restore my erection even if i want to have another erection in the next day without take the viagra?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Probably not but it depends on how bad your ED is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my erection is bit bad because i cant get morning erection as i used to be. I can only get the semi-erection when I watch the porn, is that sound bad?The urologist said that I could use the vacuum pump to treat the erection as it would help to improve it. Do you think so?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The vacuum pump can definitely help as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope it will help to restore my erection. Can I be able to use the vacuum pump now or if i have to wait until i get the problem sorted when i see the urologist?Would it make things to get worse if i try to use the vacuum pump to improve my erection as i have swollen scrotum as it make my penis pulled back like what you can see in the pics 17, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7,6, 4 and 2?Would the vacuum pump make the swelling even worse and the penis?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No, the vacuum pump should not make the swelling worse. If you have the instructions on how to use the vacuum pump, you can certainly start using it now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it help to reduce the swelling in my scrotum sack and would it also help to stop to make my penis to get pull back like micropenis?I have to be careful as i don't want to make things worse and i dont want to get the glans to make it more colds to cause the damage. Do you know why i get slight colds on my glans? do i have poor circulation if it cause the cold on my glans?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why your glans is cold. The vacuum device will not help or hurt the swelling at all