Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Taken to ER yesterday with apparent kidney stone. blood and

Customer Question

Taken to ER yesterday with apparent kidney stone. blood and urine test performed and dr informed me that I have Trich. My wife went to her DR and is negative. I haven't had another partner in 22 years no swab test was performed in ER. How is this possible?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you have not had any sexual partners that are new, this infection must have come from your partner. Even if she tested negative, the test in not 100% sensitive and could have missed it in her. However, your eating could have been falsely positive as well if she denies having sex with anyone else. There is no way I can definitely answer why you tested positive. These are just the possibilities that could lead to your results.