I have been having a number of problems with my back and stomach beginning about a month ago. I went to a regular doctor and they did xrays, and at first, they thought it was kidney stones
that were causing the issues.
So, they sent me to an Urologist, and I've had the following test done on my kidney
and abdominal area by the Urologist:
3) CT Scan
They found about an 1 inch spot on my right kidney. From my understanding, they did more test because they thought it could have been cancer, but I am grateful that is not. There is at least one simple cyst and one complex cyst on my right kidney. The complex cyst, based on test from them, is a mass, and a grade 2, but they told me that it is benign. However, I am in extreme pain, but they stated that it can't be from the cyst. I HIGHLY disagree. Based on research and "word of mouth" from nurses and friends who have experienced what I am experiencing now, it is DEFINITELY the cyst. My issues include the following:
1) Off and on abdominal pain
2) The right side of my lower back is hurting and the pain has continuously gotten worse.
3) My left side of my back is hurting now. I believe that my left kidney is attempting to compensate for the right kidney's issue.
4) Extremely Fatigued
5) Swelling from my face to my ankles (Even my fingers). I drink about a gallon of water a day.
6) My entire body hurts because of what I believe to be, kidney problems deriving from the cysts that are on my right kidney.
Also, my Urologist referred me to UAB on yesterday, 8/31. He stated that UAB will give me a call to set up an appointment.
Can someone please help me?