Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am currently in therapy for addiction, and I'm doing my

Customer Question

Hello. I am currently in therapy for sexual addiction, and I'm doing my best to "behave" for the sake of my mental and physical health, and for the sake of my relationship.
However, sometimes i fail and whenever i do, i feel horribly guilty. That said, 2 weeks ago i failed and had an unprotected encounter. I am male and so was he. He penetrated me and while there was no ejaculation, there was contact with urine.
A week after that, i had sex with my partner, ejaculated, and then felt a mild, throbbing burning sensation that quickly went away. Ever since, every sensation in or near my penis has had me on the verge of panic. I've felt a burning sensation two or three times, and mild pain a handful of times. They always go away very quickly. Nothing else is happening: no burning or itching when i urinate, no discharge, no cloudiness or odor to my urine.
I hope that what I'm experiencing is just in my mind, and that I'm noticing normal sensations because I'm being hypervigilant since my slip-up.
Please advise!
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

You are correct that mild transient symptoms are not typical for an infection. When infections occur, the symptoms tend to be more consistently present. Some infections are milder than others, but even with the mild infections, the mild symptoms typically do not pass quickly.

However, the only way to be able to definitely say that there is no infection is to be checked, so it would be appropriate for you to see your doctor for appropriate testing. The chances are good that the tests will be negative, but that does not mean that you should not be tested.