dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
16766337

I'm a male, 24. I've had problems with frequent urination

Customer Question

I'm a male, 24. I've had problems with frequent urination forever. It started becoming acutely apparent since I was about 15. Whenever I drink a glass of water, I have to go within the next 15 to 20 mins. And I don't even drink that much during a given day. It's as if all that water goes straight down to the bladder without any of it being absorbed. I've tried vesicare for a while suggested by a urologist but it didn't do anything.
I also have had strong unpleasant body odor (coming only from the armpits) since I was 15. I've tried all possible remedies (different diets, supplements etc) and seen all kinds of doctors. No one has a solution.
I'm wondering if there are any conditions you can think that might be causing both of these symptoms.
Thank you!!
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Please tell me have you had your blood glucose levels ?

Have you had your thyroid function test ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have my thyroid tests and everything came out alright. I was also checked for any diabetic conditions but again everything came out fine.
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks for info ...

As you have had your test already done and nothing came to be positive then next step is that you should get Urodynamic studies to know the reason of your frequent urination , this is the only test that will give you the answer of your question .

So proceed with Urodynamic study .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Abid,Where can I get those studies done? Who does them? What is the procedure like?
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Urologist will advise this study for you , you should ask your Urologist for that as this study will help you to reach the diagnosis .

So go to your Urologist and ask for it .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

I will be happy if you rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

This study will be done by placing electrodes on specific area , this is not invasive procedure .

Good luck .