Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I just want a little help with this. A couple of years ago I

Customer Question

I just want a little help with this. A couple of years ago I had gone to the urologist and examined my testicles and I have an epididymal cyst on my left testicle and he told me I was at the age that I won't get cancer because that what I thought it was but for a while when I do a check on them it feels like my epididymis on bothe sides seem swollen, no other lumps or anything but I'm wondering what that would be
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Does the entire epididymis feel swollen on both sides?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have pain or fever with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the corners of that makes sense, no fever and when I touch them it sometimes is a little tender maybe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This does not sound like anything serious at all. This sounds like you may be feeling the actually epididymis itself. To determine if there is any swelling, you need to get in to see a doctor for an exam and possible ultrasound to determine if there is anything wrong.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be wrong? I have really bad health anxiety and I'm worried this is something sinister!!
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

There is likely nothing wrong with you. This is likely your anxiety getting to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should worry about it? Today when I was sitting at work and I had touched that area it was a little tender and when I do a self examination sometimes it feel a little tender but for years it has been like this sometimes it's a little tender and sometimes not
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you are concerned then you should see a doctor for an exam to relieve your fears

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In your professional opinion what is it?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

I think you are just feeling your normal epididymis.