Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

4 months suprapubic pain and some spiky pains over pubic

Customer Question

4 months suprapubic pain and some spiky pains over pubic bone. High stress level!!! No frequency. Only rare urgency. CT, vaginal US, pap, std checks, pelvic exam normal. Cysto unremarkable. Urology says IC but still scared because I don't fit the clinical picture. My uro did say that you don't have to have frequency/urgency. Just scared.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, the sp pain goes straight thru to the lower back.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you been tried on any medication like oxybutynin to see if this stops bladder spasms that can cause this pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Have only tried Ibuprofen and Uribel. No response. My pain is more constant, not related to urination. Does it still sound like IC?
Thank you!!
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
No, this does not sound like I see. This sounds like you may have A condition called overactive bladder which is due to bladder spasms. This can cause the pain that you describe. This is a very treatable condition with medication such as oxybutynin. You need to get into see a urologist for an examination to see if this is the condition you may have and for a trial prescription of this medication to see if this stops your pain. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can have OAB with no urgency or frequency? I know my urologist said you can have IC with no urgency or frequency?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The pain you are feeling is likely the sense of urgency. This is where you would feel urgency.