Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

My foreskin keeps adhering to penis at bottom of the groove.

Customer Question

My foreskin keeps adhering to penis at bottom of the groove. I am 60 years-old and this started happening around five years ago What is causing it?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Such symptoms are indicative of a medical condition- Balanitis of penis foreskin.
To resolve I would suggest, that you need pull the foreskin back with warm water and mild soap such as Aloe Vera soap to clean the penis and the foreskin.
After this use air blower or air dry for about 10 minutes.
Then you need to clean and air dry the foreskin at least 2-3 times daily, especially during the hot summer months.
After air drying, you can apply over the counter Lamisil cream twice daily for about 7 days. Replace the foreskin after drying.
During treatment for the 7 days, it is best to avoid sexual intercourse to prevent transmission of any infection. If the symptoms fails to resolve after 7 days of treatment with Lamisil, then you would need oral prescription medications.
Your doctor may advise you corticosteroid, antibiotic and antifungal creams and ointments for management of this issue.
You should keep your penis clean – you should wash it with water every day.
Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Josh,
Thank you for your response, but my question was what is causing this? I keep my penis clean but this adhesion keeps re-occurring, so what are the possible causes of it that I can address?
Thanks,
Martin.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.
Dear,
It can be caused by lichen planus, eczema or dermatitis.
Infections is the most common cause.
This can also be due to irritant or allergic reaction.
This can be managed with medications, as advised in previous post.
Also, your doctor can prescribe an antifungal cream, such as clotrimazole or miconazole.
I hope this helps.