Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

I keep getting a warming sensation as if I'm wetting myself

Customer Question

I keep getting a warming sensation as if I'm wetting myself around my vagina and anus and I no longer able to hold my urine. Do you know what that may be?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Your symptoms are indicative of medical condition Urinary incontinence, it is a common and often embarrassing problem.
Women experience Urinary incontinence twice as often as men.
This occurs due to problems with muscles and nerves that help to hold or release urine. This can be diagnosed through clinical evaluation and tests. You need to undergo these tests-
-Postvoid residual (PVR) measurement
-Cystogram
-Urodynamic studies
-Pelvic or abdominal ultrasound
-Also Cystoscopy may be advised to check for any abnormalities in your urinary tract.
Line of treatment is-
Oral medications, Bladder training, Kegel exercises, Biofeedback and electrical stimulation.
Medications used to treat this condition are-
Anti-cholinergics like oxybutynin (Ditropan), tolterodine (Detrol),Topical estrogen, Imipramine. Also antidepressant medication duloxetine (Cymbalta) is sometimes used to treat stress incontinence.
Exact line of treatment can be selected after clinical evaluation.
I would recommend that you should be seen by Urologist for clinical evaluation and get this issue managed.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business