Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
13781349

Missed ur last response I was so sick and no text came.

Customer Question

Missed ur last response I was so sick and no text came. Sorry. So taking cipro reduced. UTI urinary symptoms some and reduced fever.. then I was told by a way war nurse to stop cipro my urine clear. Due to a birth defect I have Ecoli harbored in my bladder
and living suppress til my immune system goes down with flu or surgery then I get symptoms that the office tests don't pick up. Over my life I had urologist the older one s say that my body reacts to the Ecoli with UTI symptoms that a urine culture could not
pick up unless cultured for 10 days. Since time change and so do insurance the current urologist don't believe me. I have gone 45 years with this problem everytime I get a new urologist. Why does my body show infection that I have been told pass on to ur next
urologist is not going to show in a urinary test but responds to antibiotics and diflucan (since2009). Do other people have a low bacteria tolerance? The HMO urologist tend to be the worst who yell. "IC". Then I , who studied CI intensely come back u got pics
of the ulcerations from cystascopotpy And u never did a potassium test? No base for IC " good by" so why is my urine test neg for bacteria but responses to cipro and sometimes diflucan. Yes both have been found living in my bladder when a HMO doc missed both
for 8 months. Another who didn't listen but cried CI.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

You may have recurrent UTI s ...many people do...E.coli is the cause of about 90 percent of UTIs .If recurrent UTIs then there are a couple of helpful preventive actions that might be helpful for preventing or reducing the occurrence of infectious. One is to take vitamin C 500 mg once or twice daily...another possible option is to take a daily preventive antibiotic such as Macrodantin or Septra one a day ....

Now IC ( interstitial cystitis ) is an inflammatory condition of the bladder which may mimic symptoms of infection but if that would require different treatment ...Elmiron would be a medicine as one if several possible options for that ...

If recurrent UTIs then these would respond to antibiotics but testing for antibiotic sensitivity would be helpful if you have frequent infections that are treated. Resistance patterns shift....an infection treated in 8/15 May lead to increased resistance potential for 2 months following treatment ....(So a different antibiotic than the first would be more helpful if treated again in 9/15 or 10/15....

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD