Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

In an Ultrasound of the KUB i was detected with

Customer Question

Hello Doctor.
In an Ultrasound of the KUB i was detected with hydronephrosis & hydrourether in one kidney. No reason for obstruction could be identified.
Ive have a past record of kidney stones for several years & on scan was revealed to have 2 residing in the kidney. I have also been getting on & off shooting pain at the area around the kidney like the stone pain i get once a while.
I have been advised to do CT scan with contrast to identify reason for obstruction. Could you kindly advise if using contrast dye is damaging to the kidneys & i can use any other tests? I am worried about the reaction of the dye & wouldnt want a procedure to affect an otherwise healthy kidney & life. Awaiting your response.
Many thanks, Sandy
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you ever had surgery for stones before? Is so, what type of surgery?