Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a boil and was seen tuesday. They gave me pain meds

Customer Question

I have a boil and was seen tuesday. They gave me pain meds and 2 antibiotics. It started to open yesterday and drain. It has many heads. It is still red and swollen, but draining. Wednesday I started having pain in my left groin. Thought could be swollen lymph nodes due to infection, but this morning and just now in my urine I had regular color urine, but pinkish, brownish floating things in the toilet. I do not know what this is or if related. I called the urgi and she said she can't give me advice over the phone. My question is what can this be and should I wait to see if have more, go to urgi, or go to er? Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
This sounds like you need to either go to the urgent care center or the ER. It sounds like you have an abscess which is an infected fluid collection that needs to be drained out completely. Antibiotics alone is likely not going to care of this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do you think my urine is indicating?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
That sounds like you may possibly have blood in the urine which could be a sign of infection. You probably need to get a urine culture done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think this is a new thing or related to the boil or meds?

Do you agree its better to go to the er since they have all needed in case it is serious or need to do further testing

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This is related to the boil. You should go to the ER to have this looked at because infection can become quite serious.