Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Penis is Red, Irritated and burns at the Tip. Have taken a

Customer Question

Penis is Red, Irritated and burns at the Tip. Have taken a dose of Diflucan, a Seven day Cipro and use a Tria\Clotri cream. Urin very yellow in color and now im getting pain in my right testicle. My partner had a Yeast infection so i figured i got it to, but it has been three weeks and symptons get better but do not go away. I consumed alcohol while on Cipro, and missed one pill of the Cipro
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Were you tested for a urine infection with a urine culture?
Were you tested for STDs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Doc told me to that 14 days after the Cipro to get the urine test done. I have not got STD test done but my partner just did two weeks ago and they came back negative for Clamydia and Ghonrrea and she is perfectly fine after getting treated for the yeast infection. Im uncircumsized which i know has a lot to do with it.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
uncircumcised men can be prone to developing yeast infections of the penis. This may be what is causing your symptoms. If your symptoms do not get better after finishing the course of Cipro, I would recommend that you see a urologist for an examination. You may be having a fungal infection that needs to be treated with a topical antifungal and steroid medication such as clotrimazole with betamethasone. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im currently using Triam|Clotri it takes away the redness, but i still feel the burning sensation at the tip of my penis. What lab work woudl you recommend me getting to find out what exactly is happening. My Dr can not see me for another week and i travel in about two weeks with my girlfriend and do not want to be walking around Aruba with a Fungal infection while on vacation, so i rather pay private and just get to the bottom of this and i can purchase the Meds Here in Puerto rico without prescrition. Just need to know what Labs should i get done. Thank You
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
I think you need to be tested for all STDs as well and you need to have a urine culture done. This can be done at any lab or any primary care doctor's office. The cultures really should be done before you start any antibiotic otherwise the culture may end up being falsely negative.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if i had an STD wouldnt my girlfriend be suffering from the same? She has no signs of anything after getting treated for yeast infection.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
she typically would be suffering the same symptoms. Regardless, you should have everything out I have a urine culture done as well as STD testing.