Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Calcium build up in bladder causes

Customer Question

Calcium build up in bladder causes
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Are you saying that you are having stones inside your bladder?
Do you catheterize the bladder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calcium in urine.I have no stones in my bladder or kidneys. The catheter tube gets a build up of calcium sediment. This sometimes forms larger pieces and causes blockages. I have been flushing the bladder with citric acid 3 times a week and also take vitamin c powder mixed in water and also take one cranberry capsule each morning. My concern is there something in my diet that contributes to the calcium build up. It has been suggested that dairy may cause the calcium but I have very little dairy in my diet.