Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had what presented itself as uti symptoms last week. I am

Customer Question

Hi I had what presented itself as uti symptoms last week. I am currently 5 days late. Negative pregnant test and lower back pain period like symptoms and I feel nasious. I took an ovulation test and it looks like I ovulated two weeks ago. Currently when I pass urine I shed what it looks like brown tissue or flakes and after I wipe its s light brown discharge. Please help .
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
If you don't have an infection, then this could be a sign of a kidney stone with the brownish color being old blood. You need to see your doctor to do an ultrasound or CT scan to rule this out. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to mention I have been trying to conceive is it possible the brown shedding is a result of a chemical pregnancy that does not get fertilized. Because the brown shedding only occur during menstruation and this has been going on every month.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
That would not be very likely. You would have to take a pregnancy test to see if you were pregnant. If it was positive, then it may be a possibility. But if you are having your period, you would not be pregnant