Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Been on flomax ,however,it never worked until a Dr

Customer Question

Been on flomax for awhile,however,it never worked until a Dr suggested,I increase the dosage,which worked for awhile,but after a few mos. I was exceeding the amount the insurance would cover! I was briefly on Jaylyn before this Dr.but the insurance would not cover it. Presently,with the Dr. knowledge and approval,I am taking Jalyn.I went online to
check out the side affects and found out that it should not be used with Flomax among others. My Dr suggested that I take Flomax in the morning and Jalyn in the eveing!
What say you?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Jalyn contains the same ingredient as Flomax plays another medication called a 5 aloha reductase inhibitor which shrinks the prostate. There is no evidence that taking a double dose of Flomax like you are will help. If your symptoms are still severe on Jalyn, then you may need to consider a surgery such as a TURP or greenlight laser prostatectomy to open the urine channel to relieve your urinary symptoms. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The information was good,but there was no answer as to taking flomax in the morning and Jalyn in the evening is
a good treatment.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
No, taking the medication and that combination will not do you any benefit. I would recommend just taking the Jalyn alone.