Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Age 26yrs, I have been told to have both my testicles

Customer Question

Age 26yrs, I have been told to have both my testicles stitched (Orchiopexy) due to "SUSPECTED" intermittent torsion with bell clapper deformity. All my reports, Blood, Urine, US, CAT scan are clean.
What are the complication and risk of loss of testicle due to surgery.
Also what are long term post op complications in physical activities such as running, walking
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
The risk of loss of the testicle is less than 1%. Risk of bleeding and infection are less than 1%
There is no long term risk of limitation to any physical activity.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then I guess I can go ahead with the surgery without worry because less than 1 % is similar to the risk of a dental surgery..One final question. what is the realistic time of recovery.. I was told in 2 weeks I will be walking normally ( but not running till end week 5) but online it says 4 weeks for just easy walking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the realistic time of recovery, I mean walking normally and a bit of light jogging. ( sorry don't know if the earlier question reached you)
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You should proceed with surgery if it is recommended for you.
Recovery should take 4-6 weeks to resume all normal activity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually the final final question. What are the chance of the stitches inside the scrotum causing testicular cancer.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
There is absolutely no chance of that happening.