Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have an overstretched bladder due to bladder filling

Customer Question

I have an overstretched bladder due to bladder filling because of enlarged prostate ..just had laser surgery and took cath out.. my bladder is still not emptying completely ..will it go back to normal in time?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Yes, it is possible for your bladder to go back to normal size overtime. But this may take several months to potentially even a year for this to happen. Your doctor will need to do periodic bladder ultrasound to see how well you are emptying it. There's nothing you can do in the meantime to help they get back to normal. Your body just has to heal on its own. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.