Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I started drinking ACV with water and my urine has had a

Customer Question

I started drinking ACV with water and my urine has had a strong pungent smell in the last 2 days. Why is that? And will it pass?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Can you clarify what ACV is?
Are you make or female and how old?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple Cider Vinegar. I am a 28 year old female. It's more of a like popcorn smell. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This ACV is not causing the urine to smell. Smelly urine is typically a sign of a urine infection. If you still have the smell, you should see your doctor for a urine culture to determine if you need antibiotics to treat this. You can also try to take an over the counter supplement called Cystex to try to help this go away. Hope this helps.