Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine, MBBS With four years of experience (London).
16101430

I'm having a swollen penis tip, with a small rash at the

Customer Question

Hi I'm having a swollen penis tip, with a small rash at the opening. When I pee it goes to the side sometimes, I was checked for every std and was negative
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that you have Balanitis which is inflammation of glans penis or tip of penis. It can come up with rash. There are many causes for that and STD's are one of a leading cause I am glad in your case all STDs negative so it's reassuring. It's important to rule out other causes such as fungal infection like Candida, streptococci, Herpes, HPV viral infection. Sometimes this inflammation can be due to non-infectious cause such as reaction to chemical or condoms or any soap etc. I will suggest your physician to refer you to Urologist for further examination and some specific test including swab test to identify it is infectious. Treatment should be done accordingly in case of fungal infection you may need anti-fungal ointments or medication. It is important to maintain good hygiene and keep the area dry.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,

You are welcome. Please don't forget to rate the answer as this is the only way we doctors get credit here on higher ratings. I will always be there to help you here you can always get back to me after rating. I wish you best of luck

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.