Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am extremely worried. I got chlymidia and was treated the

Customer Question

I am extremely worried. I got chlymidia and was treated for it the symptoms went away and then a week later they didn't really come back but i got a feeling like someone was in my urethra. I looked in there and can see some clear liquid. its been like
this for a week. it doesn't come out but i feel it in there. i read online sometime when those meds kill the good bacteria in you stomach men can get yeast infections is this what has happened to me. or is something else wrong? the doctor put me on a 7 day
course of doxy since i went back after being treated but its not doing anything. I'm really worried something is wrong
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is possible to develop yeast infections after any antibiotic, but the risk is less when using certain antibiotics. It is not common to develop a yeast infection after azithromycin or doxycycline, but if the symptoms persist, it would be appropriate to undergo further testing.
In someone with a recent positive test for chlamydia, there also should be testing for persistence of the chlamydia. Both the azithromycin and the doxycycline are good in treating chlamydia, but there is no antibiotic that is effective 100% of the time (although treatment of a Strep throat is quite close).
If both of these tests are negative, then the doctor can then look for other possible causes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah i don't think its a seat infection its just when i look in my urethra i can see a small dot of clear liquid in there and it looks wet. there no discharge and no smell it doesn't hurt to pee. like i said i was treated for chlymida 3 weeks ago. am i just paranoid it didn't go away and its normal to have a small bit of liquid in there ?
It is normal for the surface to be moist, but there is usually no free fluid, even a small amount of fluid. If there is fluid present, it would be appropriate to check for infection or inflammation.