Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

RE: diverticulum of the bladder. How to decide whether

Customer Question

RE: diverticulum of the bladder. How to decide whether correctional surgery, even trans -urethral, is necessary/advised/worth any complication risks? (was revealed during kidney stone cat scan)
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How large is it?
Does the diverticulum drain completely?
Do you have problems with recurrent urine infections?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how large, nor when it originally formed, nor whether the urine I do retain is in the bladder, or in the diverticula. No infections.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well these are all questions you need to ask your urologist as these would be the determining factors as to whether or not this diverticulum needs to be removed or not. You should make an appointment with your urologist to discuss this. Hope this helps.