Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Started having painful urination 2 days ago. Could not see

Customer Question

Started having painful urination 2 days ago. Could not see dr. but via emailDr started me on cipro. Have had 3 doses. Just woke up to even more painful urination and now right around tip of penis is red. Married out of town never cheated on my wife. Don't think she is cheating on me but not 100%.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Is there any discharge from the penis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well this doesn't sound like an STD. It sounds to be more an infection of the urethra called urethritis. If things are getting worse on the cipro, this may be because the bacteria is resistant to it. This is why a urine culture should always be done before starting antibiotics. At this point, your best bet is to go to an urgent care center near you to have a urine culture done to see which antibiotics you need to be switch to. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.