Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Kidney stones. Besides drinking tons of water, what else can

Customer Question

Kidney stones. Besides drinking tons of water, what else can I do to help pass a kidney stone?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How large is the stone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it's small. I've had kidney stones before and I ended up the hospital. I'm beginning to get the fam pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to prevent pain getting worse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to pass natural. So many hype ways to solve $$
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is my answer? ????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your email telling me you answered my question. I clicked on link and nothing.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If the stone is stuck in the ureter, this is what would cause pain. in this case, a medication called Flomax can help to make the stone pass faster. This has to be prescribed by a doctor. You need to start by going to the ER or an urgent care center is you have pains they can do an imaging study to see if you are passing a stone. If you have one, then they can proscribe the Flomax. other that and drinking lots of water, there is nothing else that will help this pass.