Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Please interpret the attached UA preliminary result. Pt is

Customer Question

Please interpret the attached UA preliminary result. Pt is oriented but very lethargic, vitals normal, experiencing urinary burning and frequency.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
The urinalysis shows that the person has a urine infection. With lethargy, this is likely a sign of sepsis. This patient needs to get in to the emergency room to be started on antibiotics and will likely need to be admitted for IV antibiotics. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you... I suspected so I'm fighting with nursing home staff to communicate the full condition with the md. her vitals are normal for moment... need to get to md myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about r b c being so elevated ?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This is from the infection. This patient needs to be brought to the ER immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
stubborn m d won't even start empiric antibiotics
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
A urine culture needs to be done before antibiotics are started. You need to call 911 if the doctor is not responding to the patients situation.