Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I been having a burning sensation in my penis months.

Customer Question

I been having a burning sensation in my penis for 2 months. I first went to the regular doctor who ran tests on me. I tested negative for UTI and for STDs. I then went to a urologist who said I had chronic prostatitis and put me on 4 weeks of antiobiotics. 5 weeks later and the burning still exists. Please help.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have they done Cystoscopy to look inside the urethra?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, they have not.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend that they consider doing cystoscopy to look inside the urethra to see what may be causing the burnign. I have seen ocasions where patient have had stones stuck in the urethra causing this type of pain. This is one possibility.
Another possibility is chronic prostatitis that is not being detected on your labs. They may need to send a semen culture to help determine what antibiotic you need to be on. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent info. Thanks Doc.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. i wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last question Doc. Because I am an avid runner, I judge my hydration level by the color of my urine. Even though I drink at least 100 ounces per day, my urine is always yellow, even after drinking water and sitting in my air conditioned office. To me that is not normal.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Do you take a multivitamin or supplements that contain vitamins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take L-Carnitine.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
You may still be dehydrated if you run a lot. You may want to see your doctor for a urinalysis to determine if you are dehydrated or not.