Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Do I have a UTI?

Customer Question

Do I have a UTI?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
What are your symptoms?
Have you had any tests done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to pee a lot and I just got back from a cross country trip where I had to sit on a plane for several hours and didn't pee as often as I should have. I'm prone to UTIs and recognize these symptoms from my last one. I'm currently drinking a lot of cranberry juice and plan to go to the pharmacy today after work. Is there anything you can do to help me get rid of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
If you truly have recurrent infections, there's nothing you can do on your own to get rid of this. In order to clear out the bacteria, you will need a urine culture to identify the bacteria and then you will need to be started on an antibiotic. You need to see a doctor to have this done. Hope this helps.